The Student Council is a decision making body whose aim is to support the school’s mission statement by promoting
- a culture of collaboration and action throughout the school community
- initiatives that raise an awareness of local and global issues
Primary School Student Council
The Primary School Student Council is composed of representatives that are elected by the student body. Ideas for Student Council initiatives come from the students as they engage in meaningful action. The student council helps to
- welcome new students
- support those who need help (injured, crying, alone, etc.)
- Help resolve non-physical conflicts by using peacemakers’ strategies
- Take an active role in school assemblies
- Promote school initiatives that raise an awareness of local and global issues
Secondary School Student Council
The Student Council listens to student voices and organizes meaningful student service projects and student activities. The Student Council is made up of officers from both the Middle and High School. Meeting times are used to organize team-building activities, build a calendar, and work on other student-based initiatives.
The Student Council learns the necessary skills and knowledge required to coordinate and exercise effective change in the school. Its members practice working with others and exhibit the positive life habits and IB Learner Profile traits to equip them for real-world success. The MEF IS Student Council helps bring the community together through fun, meaningful and spirited activities.