Thank you for considering our school for the education of your child. We know that choosing the right school for both you and your child is an important decision and it is not one that any parent takes lightly. In order to enrol your child or children at MEF IS, please follow the steps described below.
- Students must have successfully completed their previous year level to be placed in the next year level in MEF IS when the Academic Year starts in September.
- The Academic Year runs from September to June and one school year is completed in 10 months at MEF IS. However, in Southern Hemisphere countries such as Australia, Korea or Japan, the academic year runs from Feb-to-Dec; Mar-to-Feb or Apr-to-Mar. Therefore, students who come from these countries and apply to enter MEF IS in the second half of the academic year will not be placed in the next grade level until September because of having missed the first 5-6 months of that school year.
- A proficient level of English is required for enrollment in Years 10-13. Entry into Years 11-12-13 will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Applications will only be considered once the application fee has been paid.
Documents Required (hard copies):
Send the following documentation to the Admissions Office in person, through the post or upon arrival in Izmir, making sure that all the documentation is provided in English; we would require notarized translations for documents in other languages.
- Application Form (with open consent).
- Report Cards and/or transcripts for the last 2 years of schooling (with open consent).
- Student photo (passport size which has been taken within the last 6 months) (with open consent).
- Passport copies of student, father, and mother (information pages only) (with open consent).
- Residency/work permit information (with open consent).
- Bank statement showing payment of the application fee (with open consent).
- Custody document of your child if the parents were divorced (with open consent).
- Personal Data Protection Legislation (PDPL) documents. The following PDPL documents must be read and approved by the legal guardian/parent of the applicant with a wet signature and handed to the Admissions Office. Please click on each document below to download it.
- Parent/Guardian Clarification Statement & Explicit Consent
- Student Registration Clarification Statement (for re-registered students only)
- Student Application Clarification Statement (for new-registered students only)
- Parent Photo & Video Clarification Statement
- Student Photo & Video Clarification Statement
- Confidential School Recommendation Form. In addition, the following Forms are sent directly to the MEF IS Admissions Office at email@example.com
- The Confidential School Recommendation Form must be filled out by the previous/current school Principal / Head teacher / Counsellor and sent directly to the MEF IS Admissions Office. The application will not be deemed complete until this form is received. Please click to download the form.
- The Early Childhood Centre Confidential School Recommendation Form must be completed ONLY for students entering Reception 1, Reception 2 or Year 1. This should be filled out by your child’s previous preschool teacher if she/he has previously attended preschool, or by the parent if this is your child’s first school experience. Please click to download the form.
Following your application, all your documentation will be forwarded to the School Principal for consideration. The Principal will take into consideration your child’s academic, social and emotional development in making their decision. If your child has special educational needs the Learning Support Team will also be consulted. Once a decision has been made regarding enrollment, the Admissions Office will contact you with the outcome.
Once your child’s enrollment is confirmed you will receive an email from the Admissions Office inviting you to make payment of the placement fee to secure your child’s place at the school. Once the payment has been made, we request up to two working days before your child can begin at school.