Art & Design
The IGCSE Level art and design course follows the CAIE Art and Design curriculum. The curriculum appeals to learners who wish to explore practical work through a range of two-and/or three-dimensional processes and include new media and technologies in addition to traditional media and processes.
The curriculum also helps equip learners with lifelong skills including
- Confidence and enthusiasm as they develop technical skills in two- and/or three-dimensional form and composition
- The ability to identify and solve problems in visual and tactile forms
- The ability to develop ideas from initial attempts to outcomes
AS & A level
The AS and A Level art and design course follows the CAIE Art and Design curriculum. The course stimulates interest, enjoyment, and personal enrichment as well as introducing artistic exploration and design thinking.
Candidates gain lifelong skills, including
- Communication skills, especially the ability to communicate concepts and feelings
- How to record from direct observation and personal experience
- The ability and confidence to experiment, be innovative, intuitive and imaginative
- The language and technical terms used in art and design
- Research and evaluation skills
- An appreciation of practical design problems and how to solve these.