Personal Social and Health Education (PSHE) is taught by the Counsellor, in conjunction with homeroom teachers, from Reception 1 to Year 13. According to the students’ age and needs, PSHE includes topics such as Health & Safety (including e-Safety), Social Skills, Citizenship, Environmental Awareness, Responsibility & Values, Hygiene, Cultural Diversity, Goal Setting & Organizational Skills, and Sex Education.
PSHE Curriculum Aims:
- To live safe and healthy lives
- Grow and develop, not just as individuals’ but also as members of families and society in general.
- To become fulfilled’ productive and responsible
- To form and maintain good relationships
- To make a positive difference to their own lives and the lives of others
- Clarify their own values and attitudes to gain knowledge and understanding of those of other people
- Build personal identities and self esteem
- Reflect on what is being taught
- Communicate constructively at all times
Special assemblies to ease transitions at the beginning and end of the academic year are also organized, to make sure students are supported when settling into their new school but also when preparing to leave or to see their friends leave.