PSHE is taught by the Counsellor, in conjunction with homeroom teachers; topics covered are: Health & Safety, such as managing personal hygiene and being aware of dangers, Emotional Wellbeing, such as recognising emotions in oneself and others and developing friendships, and Social Skills, such as taking turns and sharing.
The Personal Social and Health Education (PSHE) Curriculum Aims are:
- To live safe and healthy lives
- Grow and develop, not just as individuals’ but also as members of families and society in general.
- To become fulfilled’ productive and responsible
- To form and maintain good relationships
- To make a positive difference to their own lives and the lives of others
- Clarify their own values and attitudes to gain knowledge and understanding of those of other people
- Build personal identities and self esteem
- Reflect on what is being taught
- Communicate constructively at all times