Art & Design
The IGCSE Level art and design course follows the CAIE Art and Design curriculum and is taught for 3 hours per week.
The curriculum appeals to learners who wish to explore practical work through a range of two-and/or three-dimensional processes and include new media and technologies in addition to traditional media and processes.
The curriculum also helps equip learners with lifelong skills including:
- Confidence and enthusiasm as they develop technical skills in two- and/or three-dimensional form and composition
- The ability to identify and solve problems in visual and tactile forms
- The ability to develop ideas from initial attempts to outcomes.
AS & A level
The AS and A Level art and design course follows the CAIE Art and Design curriculum and is taught for 5 hours per week.
The course stimulates interest, enjoyment and personal enrichment as well as introducing artistic exploration and design thinking.
Candidates gain lifelong skills, including:
- Communication skills, especially the ability to communicate concepts and feelings;
- How to record from direct observation and personal experience;
- The ability and confidence to experiment, be innovative, intuitive and imaginative;
- The language and technical terms used in art and design;
- Research and evaluation skills; and an appreciation of practical design problems and how to solve these.